Saturday, May 24, 2014

INTERVIEW WITH JEFFREY AARON MILLER




Image of Jeffrey Aaron Miller
·        Hello Jeffrey can you please share with us a bit about the book you are currently working on?

It’s a rather dark (but hopeful) story about young slaves living in the bowels of a massive and mysterious factory, watched over by cruel robots. The nature and purpose of their work is not entirely clear to them. All they know is that their lives are short, harsh and brutal. However, one day, for reasons unknown to the workers, some previously unknown doors open up, and they are able to escape into the corridors. What follows is a harrowing journey (and terrifying chase) into the heart of the factory.



·        Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?

This book had a rather unusual development. It started out as four separate short stories taking place in the same world during the same period of time. I wove the four stories together and united the characters to give a bigger picture.

·        Favorite snack when writing.

Well, continual caffeine intake certainly helps, whether in the form of beverages or chocolate.

·        Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind?

Although I usually have the overall plot well in mind when I start writing, I often let my characters act in ways that seem authentic to their personalities. As a result, they sometimes cause me quite a bit of frustration, but I don’t force them back in line if it doesn’t feel right. The plot can bend accordingly.

·        Share with us your biggest hurdles in the writing process?

Oh, rewriting and revisions. My stars and garters! By the time I make the final pass through the manuscript before publishing, I am usually thoroughly sick of the story.

·        What project(s) are you working on now?

I just finished a nice dark and bleak little novel called Fading Man. It is a post-apocalyptic tale about a man trying to find a city that only exists in his memory. It takes place in the same world as another novel of mine, Shadows of Tockland. There’s a lot of crazy stuff, weird and freaky people, and some violent derring-do from start to finish. I am currently trying to make the ending a bit less of a downer.

·        Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers?

Children of the Mechanism contains the only chapter I’ve ever written that actually managed to genuinely disturb me. If you ever read the novel, it’s in Part Five, and it is a rather claustrophobic scene involving a hole in the ground. My goodness, I get a bit queasy just thinking about it.

·        Where can readers find you and your book(s) online? 

My website is probably a good place to start. Jeffreyaaronmiller.com

contains links to all of my books, my blog, various relevant websites, and

it also contains sample chapters, pics, videos and some other interesting

 content. My blog is jeffreyaaronmiller.blogspot.com .
For Jeffrey and all his books click link below
 
http://www.jeffreyaaronmiller.com/p/mary-of-aether.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment